Photographer | Designer | Podcaster
My name is RE Casper. A child of the arts, born and raised in rural Southern Illinois. Bouncing around the creative world since the early 2000’s, I’ve worked in graphic design, web design, fine arts, technical illustration, video production, journalism, education, vehicle graphics and well, most things creative.
In 2009, me, my wife and our little terrier, Travis, moved to Chicago and through new friends in the Chicago Photographic Society, I rediscovered my passion for the camera. By 2011 and the rise of the Occupy movement, I found a fascination with documenting people and my obsession with human interest photography began.
Today, northern California is my home, specializing in street and documentary photography, architecture/real estate, event photography and fine art. I also organize photo walks and teach workshops on street photography and Adobe Lightroom, both independently and through the esteemed Harvey Milk Photo Center.
As founder, producer and co-host of StreetPX, Jim Watkins and myself attempt to create a relaxed conversational show, centered on street photographers, documentary photographers and photojournalists from around the world. Exploring their origin, inspiration, the craft, current news and random topics every episode.
Press and Accomplishments
- Streetfoto Festival – Street Photography Photo Walk Organizer
- Co-Founder of the Lucid Collective
- HMPC – San Francisco Street Photography Group Exhibit
- Chinese New Year Exhibit – McLaren Lodge San Francisco
- Berkeleyside – Imagery from Berkeley Protest against Milo Y.
- Streetfoto 2017 Festival – Live Audience Recording of StreetPX
- Streetfoto Festival – Finalist in the Mobile Photo Category
- Guest Lecturer – University of San Francisco – “Street Photography in Urban Studies“
- Mill Valley Art Exhibit – “Reverence” (Mill Valley, CA)
- Featured Photographer – Harvey Milk Photo Center (San Francisco, CA)
- We Street 2016 – International Street Photography Book
- San Francisco Magazine “The Unsilent Majority” (Dec Issue)
- eXposure: San Francisco Street Photography – Juried Exhibit (San Francisco, CA)
- Guest Lecturer – Harvey Milk Photo Center (San Francisco, CA)
- Streetfoto SF International Street Photography Festival – Photowalk Organizer & Host
- Through the Lens Exhibit III (Oakland, CA)
- Featured on Episode 8 of “Hit the Streets with Valerie Jardin” – Photo Favs
- Street Sheet 2016: From Indonesia to California (San Francisco, CA)
- Through the Lens Exhibit IV (Oakland, CA)
- Bar Basic Exhibit (San Francisco, CA)
- Foundation of the StreetPX Photography Podcast (San Francisco, CA – October 2015)
- Through the Lens Exhibit I (Oakland, CA)
- Plus One Collection III : Photo Book & eBook (Photographers for Good Foundation)
- Plus One Collection II: Photo Book & eBook (Photographers for Good Foundation)
- 2000 Miles in a Vandura: Self Published Photo Book
- Boonville Daily News: Front Page Feature on “2000 Miles in a Vandura” (Boonville, MO)
- RAWArtist (San Francisco, CA)
- Plus One Collection I: Photo eBook (Photographers for Good Foundation)
- Chicago Theater Beat – “Girl You Know It’s True” Review (Chicago, IL)
- Caribou Facilities Showcase (Chicago, IL)
Region: Oakland, California
Email Me: email@example.com
Facebook Page: RE Casper Studio
Instagram Feed: @recasperphoto
Twitter Feed: @recasper