For the third year in a row, Streetfoto is hitting the bay area and ranks among the top festival destinations for all things street photography. From workshops to photo walks to gallery events, lectures, zine reviews and so much more.
If you shoot or appreciate street photography, this is the event to visit and today, founder and organizer Ken Walton is here to share what he can.
The schedule is still evolving, so be sure to visit www.streetfoto.org for more updates as we get closer to June… Including workshop and photowalk registrations, schedules of events and much more.
Streetfoto San Francisco International Street Photography Festival – June 4th thru 10th
Excerpt from www.Streetfoto.org (more information coming soon)
The 3rd annual StreetFoto San Francisco will be coming to HMPC June 4-10. StreetFoto is the world’s largest street photography festival, drawing visitors from around the globe and contest entrants from 60 different countries. Join us for amazing exhibitions of award-winning international street photography, workshops taught by accomplished photographers, lectures and slideshows by well-known practitioners of the craft, and no fewer than eight photowalks around San Francisco’s most shootable neighborhoods.
Since our founding in 2016, people have traveled in from around the globe to teach and learn street photography at StreetFoto San Francisco. Take a look at our workshops for 2018. Joining one (or two!) will be the highlight of your festival experience.
- Jeff Mermelstein 5-day street photography workshop // June 6-10, 2018
- Full Frontal Flash Collective 3-day flash street photography workshop // June 8-10, 2018
- Andy Kochanowski & TC Lin 3-day Burn My Eye street photography workshop // June 3-5, 2018
- Ibarionex Perello 2-day street photography workshop // June 9-10, 2018
StreetFoto is all about exhibitions, and in 2018 we’ll have more than ever, in locations throughout the city. From group shows to solo exhibitions, our aim is to make your eyes bleed. Keep your eyes on this space for more information.
- Exhibition: San Francisco City Photography Club Spring 2018 // June 04 – 10, 2018
- Exhibition: International Street Photography Awards Finalists // June 05 – 10, 2018
- StreetFoto BookLab // June 09, 2018
- Jeff Mermelstein lecture and StreetFoto 2018 Awards // June 09, 2018
Want an honest opinion and helpful criticism? Let a seasoned, impartial veteran spend a half hour with your best work. We’ll be doing reviews the weekend of June 8-10, and by appointment earlier in the week.
Registrations begin May 6th!
This may be what we do best. Every year we host free photo walks every day of the festival in different neighborhoods throughout the city, and we get fantastic feedback about them. This year we’re adding more. We’ll have the signup page ready soon.
Places to Shoot
We’ll show you all over town with our free photo walks, but if you’re itching to go it alone (as a lot of us are), find lots of people on the streets in these areas:
- Market Street from Civic Center to the Embarcadero
- Union Square
- Financial District
- Haight Street near Golden Gate Park on 6/10 (for the Haight Street Fair)