Dialing in from Taipei, Taiwan and 16 hours into the future, we have TC Lin in the studio, dropping a fantastic discussion on our crew.
TC Lin is a name that will ring many bells for our listeners and if not, its time it should. TC is a man of many creative pursuits; including street photographer, musician, film maker, documentarian, educator, early member of Hard Core Street Photography on Flickr and from that, the formation of the well regarded Burn My Eye collective.
We go over many of these topics, as well as his amazing experience covering the Sunflower Student Movement of 2014 that we simply had to mention here. An egregiously underreported student occupation of Taiwan’s National Parliament Building… which does admittedly lead us down some politically charged discussions a time or two in this one… so we hope you don’t hold that against us.
That said, we’re sure there is plenty of content in this episode to fill your day… So, scroll on up and hit that big orange “Play” button.
If you would like to share any questions or comments for our hosts or for TC Lin, please direct an email to email@example.com.
Interested in helping TC publish his Sunflower Student Movement project?
– Please direct your email to firstname.lastname@example.org –
TC Lin Instagram Feed
TC Lin Links
- Counting Mantou
- Book: Barbarian at the Gate
- Burn My Eye Collective
- Hard Core Street Photography – Flickr Group
- Muddy Basin Ramblers < Required Listen!!!
- Gutsy Island – Taiwan Street Photography Flickr Group
- Paul Graham – Unreasonable Apple
Some of the Artists Mentioned in today’s show:
- Rammy Narula
- Zun Lee
- Aaron Aardvark
- Garry Winogrand
- Tod Papageorge
- Tyler Simpson
- Gueorgui Pinkhassov
- Daido Moriyama
- Jason Penner
- William Eggleston
- Richard Bram
Sharing how they got to where they are and why they chose to do what they do.
Latest posts by SPX Crew (see all)
- EP49 – Photography & Wrestling on the Beaches of Hawaii with Tim Huynh - October 7, 2017
- Secret Print Exchange 2017 - October 7, 2017
- Film Week – Kodak, Bring Back T-Max 3200! w/Nick Mayo & Pete Rosos - September 23, 2017