Roxanne Overton is a photographer, writer, speaker and educator and we are proud to have her in the studio for this weeks edition of StreetPX.
An artist with roots in traditional media such as paints, pottery, stained glass and more, Roxanne got her start in photography with a kindly gifted camera and a natural curiosity for double exposures and black and white film.
Today we pull Roxanne out from behind the camera, so she can describe her whimsical and truly unique photographic style, why the camera is her tool of choice, as well as her visual essays from Morocco, Burma and Paris, among others beautiful destinations. We even find ourselves rambling back down the path of self critiques, technical discussion on Lightroom and Photoshop and best of all, the importance of looking beyond the photo and discovering a personal vision. 🙂
Oh, and please forgive us for some odd peanut gallery noises… The dog and the birds got a bit rambunctious and apparently we had some increased magnetism with Roxanne Overton in the studio, which added a bit of background buzzzzz early on… But hey, it all adds to the character of the show… Right!?
Anyway, it’s time to quit reading and click Play… This is StreetPX and the street, awaits…
Roxanne Overton – Instagram Feed
Roxanne Overton Links
Roxanne Overton Books
- Critique – A Path To Creating Exceptional Photography
- Think Before You Shoot
- 100 Words with guest writer, Sam Stapleton
- Henri Cartier Brasson Exhibit – Leica Store SF
- Eyes on the Street Workshop with RE Casper
- The 36 Photo Walk – San Francisco – April 23, 2017 (not mentioned in Podcast – hosted by Roxanne)
- NYC Street Workshop with Vineet Vohra and Adam Marelli
Have you still not hit that play button? That’s cool, while you consider it, be sure to check out our new merchandise in the SPX Merch Store. We have tons of great cameras, fun photographic Tees and guess what… If you don’t see your favorite camera in the store, then Let Us Know. We’ll cook something up and toss it up on the store for you to buy, receive and show your love for the show!
Oh, and we have bonus content on this episode with Roxanne Overton (see below), but you can only get to it with a small Patreon commitment. So, if you’re not getting enough banter, be sure to fund our little operation with a few bucks a month to help us keep these mics hot and the lights on.
Now, scroll back up and hit play already!
Sharing how they got to where they are and why they chose to do what they do.
Latest posts by SPX Crew (see all)
- Turning the Camera on Yourself with Photographer Najib Joe Hakim - December 1, 2017
- EP52 – It Takes a Village with Street Photographer Michelle Groskopf - November 17, 2017
- “Holy F**k, this is like a Warzone” w/ Vegas Photojournalist Chase Stevens - November 3, 2017