Believe it or not, it’s been a full year since we kicked off StreetPX and what a year it has been. We talked with esteemed documentary photographers, pulitzer prize winning journalists, phenomenal educators, founders of some of the largest street photography communities online and festivals around the world, inspiring street photographers and even still, we’ve yet to put a dent in the list of guests we have to come.
We could not be prouder and that pride is without question, a direct result of you good folks out there lending us your ear. For this, we thank you all.
That said, enough with the sentimental talk, it’s time to announce our next masterful light chaser and fellow Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle fan, Rinzi Ruiz. One of LA’s finest street photographers and this week, he’s connecting with us on StreetPX.
Through the years, Rinzi has walked the streets of LA, developing his own unique style of high contrast street photography. Through his use of light, shadow and well framed geometry, it’s work like this that can truly push you to get up off the couch and hit the street.
To learn more about the artist, Rinzi Ruiz, we discuss the photographers he admires, educators that helped mold his technique and it wouldn’t be a proper StreetPX show without tangential banter.
This is StreetPX, One Year strong… and as always… the street awaits.
Rinzi Ruiz on Instagram
Rinzi Ruiz Links
Additional Show Notes
- Casper’s NY Trip Recap
- Casper’s Thoughts on a few New York Neighborhoods for street photographers
- Phases and Faces of Affordable Housing in LA Exhibit
Sharing how they got to where they are and why they chose to do what they do.
Latest posts by SPX Crew (see all)
- EP40 – Traveling the World and Greasing the Gears of Adobe Lightroom with Josh Haftel - May 19, 2017
- EP39 – Make Phil Sing! From Psychedelic Rock to Street Photography with Mike Kirschner - May 5, 2017
- EP38 – Street Photography and Homelessness with Jean-Benoit Levy, Matthew Gerring, TJ Johnston - April 21, 2017