This past September, Dani Oshi briefly visited our studio to announce the Brussels Street Photography Festival. During that episode, we promised to bring him back to learn more about who he is and what it is that drives Dani Oshi into the streets each day.
That time has come and he was kind enough to rejoin us this week for a full session discussion. We talk about his projects past and future, the artists’ who inspire him, his work in flash photography, the WorldSP group on Tumblr (well over 30,000 followers to date) and so much more.
Also, if your in the San Francisco area this October or December, mark your calendars for two phenomenal exhibitions at the Harvey Milk Photo Center…
- eXposure (San Francisco Street Photography Group): 12/8/2016 – 1/22/2017
- Harvey Milk Photo Center Annual Members, Staff & Volunteers: 10/20/2016-11/30/2016
Now, stop reading and just hit play!
Dani Oshi Images
Dani Oshi Links:
- Faces & Photography Project Page
- Brussels Street Photography Festival
- Center for Literature & Photography
Photo books Mentioned:
- Mark Cohen
- Alex Webb
- Shane Phillips
- Jakub Jasionek
- Chris Suspect
- Stelios Efstathopoulos
- Boris the Flash
- Tavepong Pratoomwong
- Troy Holden
- Ken Walton
- Shane Phillips
Sharing how they got to where they are and why they chose to do what they do.
Latest posts by SPX Crew (see all)
- EP40 – Traveling the World and Greasing the Gears of Adobe Lightroom with Josh Haftel - May 19, 2017
- EP39 – Make Phil Sing! From Psychedelic Rock to Street Photography with Mike Kirschner - May 5, 2017
- EP38 – Street Photography and Homelessness with Jean-Benoit Levy, Matthew Gerring, TJ Johnston - April 21, 2017