During our recent travels to “Out of Chicago”, we had the pleasure of running into a good friend of the show, the mighty Molly Porter, a prolific and formidable force in the world of Mobile Photography and this week, we’re bringing her story to you.
We go down many roads during this interview with Molly, including how the mobile phone sparked her interest in photography, her ongoing inspirations and above all, the often ignored reality of unbalanced gender norms in photography today. This being a topic near and dear to Molly, an artist who uses her work and voice to equalize that invisible barrier. We are proud to include such a segment as part of this show’s discussion.
That said, it’s time to hit play…
Scroll to Bottom of Page for Bonus Content available to Patreon Supporters. Not yet a supporter? Join our ranks and gain access to additional audio, video, great StreetPX swag and much more. Rewards start as low as $5.00 a month.
This is StreetPX and the street, awaits…
And for you all on the East coast, don’t forget about our upcoming Workshop, presented by StreetPX. A three day intense course, with RE Casper and Vineet Vohra, stomping the streets of Manhattan. Click below and Register Today!
Discussed Photo (young lady crying)
Molly Porter Links’:
- Women Street Photographers Facebook Group
- Her Side of the Street on Medium
- Power Corruption and Likes
- Guy Bolongaro
- Michelle Groskopf
- Eamonn Doyle
- Saul Leiter
- Mark Cohen
Sharing how they got to where they are and why they chose to do what they do.
Latest posts by SPX Crew (see all)
- We Are Not Impervious to Hardship – with Documentarian Brenton Gieser - January 12, 2018
- Life is a Full Spectrum Journey with Photographer Jock McDonald - December 29, 2017
- Using Photography as a Tool for Change – Interview with Steve Disenhof - December 15, 2017