Pete Rosos is a commercial photographer by trade, with an undeniable talent for capturing the essence of people and the heart of a moment.
His camera has taken him around the country and around the world, getting his start in Hamburg with the Fairlight Media Pool and studying photography in Paris, at the Speos Photographic Institute. You can find his work in various magazines and outlets, including the San Francisco Magazine and Berkeleyside.com. He’s shown at the Blackbox Gallery in Portland, the Center for Fine Art Photography in Fort Collins Colorado, Perfect Exposure in LA and many other venues.
But you can find all of this information online, we here at StreetPX aim to dive deeper into the man that is Pete Rosos. A photographer with a flair for great storytelling and a phenomenal talent behind the camera.
In this episode we’re looking for the inspirations he found through cinema, watching Jim Jarmusch, Terry Gilliam and Spike Lee… his take on the importance of portfolio reviews, his experience documenting the Berkeley protests in 2014 and so much more.
Additionally, we’re announcing Film Day for July 30 and 31, a weekend to put away the digital and dust off the film. Oh and what kind of announcement would it be, without kicking it off by offering another GIVEAWAY.
That’s right, time for more free stuff and all you have to do is subscribe with your email address on the right hand side of this page to .
But like anything in this world, not everything is free and this is why we are establishing the new Patreon account for StreetPX. A way for our wonderful listeners to help us keep the lights on and the mics hot… and receive great rewards for your support.
Give a little scratch, at the StreetPX Patreon Page Here. Great Rewards Await!
Now, it’s time to hit play. This is StreetPX and the street, awaits…
Pete Rosos Instagram Feed
Find Pete Online:
- Film Day – July 30th and 31st
- 2-fer Give-Away – 1 Free Film Container & 1 Free 1970’s Expired Roll of Film
- RE Casper’s SF Workshop – August 27th and 28th – Street Photography: The Urban Environment
Sharing how they got to where they are and why they chose to do what they do.
Latest posts by SPX Crew (see all)
- EP40 – Traveling the World and Greasing the Gears of Adobe Lightroom with Josh Haftel - May 19, 2017
- EP39 – Make Phil Sing! From Psychedelic Rock to Street Photography with Mike Kirschner - May 5, 2017
- EP38 – Street Photography and Homelessness with Jean-Benoit Levy, Matthew Gerring, TJ Johnston - April 21, 2017