It’s Henry Navarro Week on StreetPX and he’s turning it up to 11!
High octane is the only way to describe today’s episode, as Henry Navarro goes full throttle, unleashing his passion upon the microphone. With his immensely thought provoking project, appropriately titled “Motorbike”, we journey through a photographic exploration of Southeast Asia and a life on two wheels.
If you search the web today, you’ll initially perceive Henry as a high fashion/beauty cosmetics photographer by trade, of which he is damn good… But go deep behind that lens and you’ll find a man deeply rooted in street photography. A documentarian of pure humanity, with an intensity of spirit and a boldness matched by very few.
We leave very few stones unturned in this 100min interview and to describe any further would be futile.
You just have to hit play and learn for yourself.
This is StreetPX and the street, awaits….
Something is wrong. Response takes too long or there is JS error. Press Ctrl+Shift+J or Cmd+Shift+J on a Mac.
- Henry Navarro’s Homepage
- Instagram – Street Aperture (street/documentary)
- Instagram – Lens Exposure (fashion)
- Buy Prints
Show Notes and Mentions:
- Mike Brodie: A Period of Juvenile Prosperity, 2006 – 2009 – Box Car Kids
- Giuliano Bekor: Fashion Photographer
- Through the Lens Gallery Event – Opening April 23rd
- StreetFoto San Francisco International Street Photography Festival – Photo Contest Deadline extended to April 20th
- Harvey Milk Photo Center Event – “LGBT Chronicled:1945-2015” Opening June 18th
Sharing how they got to where they are and why they chose to do what they do.
Latest posts by SPX Crew (see all)
- EP40 – Traveling the World and Greasing the Gears of Adobe Lightroom with Josh Haftel - May 19, 2017
- EP39 – Make Phil Sing! From Psychedelic Rock to Street Photography with Mike Kirschner - May 5, 2017
- EP38 – Street Photography and Homelessness with Jean-Benoit Levy, Matthew Gerring, TJ Johnston - April 21, 2017