It’s been an amazing couple of weeks, with a ton of things going on for the show.
We have a new Facebook Community Board for fans of the show to share imagery, topics, ask questions and more. And, we need us a snazzy name for the group as well. Head over to StreetPX Community (temp name) and share some ideas. Also, enjoy the imagery, read through the topics and ask us questions. It’s all about communication.
LIVE LECTURE COMING THIS SUMMER!
If you enjoy the show, but can’t get enough, you’ll be able to join us for a live event this summer as StreetPX hosts RE Casper and Jim Watkins participate in the Guest Lecture Series at the Harvey Milk Photo Center in San Francisco.
There will be much talk on documenting the street, work to be shown and Q&A.
- Jim Watkins, May 12
- RE Casper, July 14
We’ve also set up a fun Flipboard, called “Flippin’ StreetPX“, where we share a mash-up of articles we stumble across online. All things street, that makes us go “hmm”.
But all that aside… The most important part of the show is our talk with Aaron Watkins. A two-year veteran at Facebook and Jim, our co-host’s very own son. We’re talking social media today. Attempting to clear the air or fog it up, to be honest… but above all, push us all to into being proactive at harnessing Facebook and Instagram to boost our social reach.
The best part of all, Aaron brought his Samsung Gear VR device with him and we got have our own personal Jurassic World experience and go face to face with a Brontosaurus.
This is StreetPX and the street, awaits…
- Harvey Milk Photo Center
- StreetFoto Festival
- Through The Lens Event
- Facebook Business Manager
- Ads Manager (Arrow in Top Right Corner of Facebook. Click “Manage Ads”)
- Facebook Canvas
- Carnaval Press Passes (SF)
- Introduction to Composition (Eric Kim)
Sharing how they got to where they are and why they chose to do what they do.
Latest posts by SPX Crew (see all)
- EP40 – Traveling the World and Greasing the Gears of Adobe Lightroom with Josh Haftel - May 19, 2017
- EP39 – Make Phil Sing! From Psychedelic Rock to Street Photography with Mike Kirschner - May 5, 2017
- EP38 – Street Photography and Homelessness with Jean-Benoit Levy, Matthew Gerring, TJ Johnston - April 21, 2017